Welcome to the Adolescent Tobacco Research Network!
Click here to join our Network! Any SRNT member with an interest in adolescent nicotine and tobacco research is welcome to join.
About Our Network
The Adolescent Tobacco Research Network is a new topical network. The Network covers all aspects of nicotine and tobacco research conducted with adolescents. Most smoking and tobacco use is initiated during adolescence, making this distinct developmental stage of particular relevance for tobacco researchers.
The mission of the adolescent tobacco research network is to:
1) advance the state of the science in the area of adolescent nicotine and tobacco research, particularly research that informs approaches to adolescent tobacco treatment and cessation, as well as research that addresses methodological issues related to adolescent tobacco research;
2) promote networking among SRNT members whose research focuses on adolescent populations;
3) raise the profile of adolescent research within SRNT;
4) provide guidance to the SRNT Board, committees, and membership as necessary to inform programs or discussions that address adolescents;
5) inform tobacco policy as it relates to adolescents; and
6) promote excellence in adolescent nicotine and tobacco research among graduate students, trainees, and early career scientists in SRNT.
To learn more about our Network Leadership, click here
Adolescent Network Member Survey
The Network Advisory Committee conducted a survey for Network members (Jan - Feb '16) to assess their needs and research interest areas as well as to prioritize future work. Click the link below to see the results.
Who we are: results from the 2016 member survey