Get involved in SRNT and stay connected to the global nicotine/tobacco research community through membership in the Society.
SRNT is the premier associations for people working in this important field of study and provides resources, education, networking and leadership/decision-making opportunities to members. SRNT represents more than 1,000 members in over 40 countries. Our members are global leaders in the fight against tobacco, working in academia, government, private firms, and more.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP IN THE SOCIETY FOR RESEARCH ON NICOTINE AND TOBACCO
Benefits of membership in SRNT include:
- significantly discounted registration fees for the Annual Meeting;
- complimentary online or hard copy subscription to Nicotine & Tobacco Research
- ability to influence the future of the field of nicotine/tobacco research through participation in SRNT comments and the development of SRNT positions and policy statements
- participation in one or more of SRNT’s topical networks;
- access to members-only webinars and networking opportunities throughout the year;
- eligibility for SRNT’s prestigious awards recognizing pioneers in the areas of pre-clinical research, clinical research, and public health/epidemiological research;
- opportunities to meet with global leaders in the field of nicotine and tobacco research through SRNT’s Annual Meeting, Networks and other special meetings;
- leadership opportunities within SRNT’s many Networks and committees, task forces and work groups, and the SRNT Board of Directors;
- participation in member-only listservs and SRNT’s new and improved Facebook page;
- access to discipline-specific resources, discussion boards and links in the members-only
- section of SRNT’s website (www.srnt.org); and
- access to colleagues and leaders in the field through SRNT’s members-only, online membership directory.
- SRNT's membership year is based on the calendar year and SRNT does not pro-rate dues.
- Effective 5/1/10, SRNT no longer accepts into membership those individuals who are employed by the tobacco industry (defined as tobacco manufacturers, wholesale distributors or importers of tobacco products).